Saturday, July 08, 2006

News Buzz: Merriam-Webster Defines 'Google' as a Verb

[From time to time, I can't help noticing some big buzz out there in the world, I told myself, I'd better make a note of it, otherwise I'll forget...] Now, Google and Googling will be included in the 11th edition of the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary to be published later this year. Google means "to use the Google search engine to obtain information about (as a person) on the World Wide Web," Merriam-Webster Inc. said today in an e-mailed statement. Other words to be added to the dictionary include "mouse potato," referring to someone who spends a lot of time using computers, and "spyware," or software installed on computers without the user's knowledge, Merriam-Webster said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home